Tuesday, February 3, 2009

weekend fun

Early Fridays Rule! Friday morning I swam in the cove, went to work for 2.5 hours and then left with Caleb for the Great Western Loop. A beautiful sunny 80 degree Friday afternoon made for an awesome ride. Here I am trying not to look like I'm dying up the hills. We did the clockwise loop in 3:07 for 44.7 miles. Friday evening Bethany and I went on a date to Tender Greens. My new favorite restaurant, by far. I had the flank steak, mashed potatoes, and cesear salad. So yummy! (We went last night as well!)
Saturday brought an early wakeup and drive to Solana Beach for the start of a fairly epic ride. Bethany, Allen, Me and Stephen rode to Carlsbad for the start of Rachel's ride through Camp Pendelton to San Clemente. The way out I averaged a slow 16.4mph but picked it up on the way back for an overall average of 17.7mph...for 76.4 miles! We were flying through Pendelton. It was awesome. On the way back Stephen and I stopped at Red Mango for some froyo. We quickly changed and met Mark at Dixon Lake for an evening outdoor climbing session. It was Stephen's first time climbing outside. He learned how to rappel and completed a 5.9!
Getting ready!On the 5.7 version. Wee! So that was fun. I enjoyed experiencing this with him and coaching him through it. I think he is hooked now that he's touched some real rock. Back to the plastic tonight. We went to Pizza Port after climbing. As usual, it was delicious.
Sunday we went to Snow Valley to use our $10 lift ticket. It was kind of a joke...icy in the morning and slush puppies throughout the afternoon. The hill was pretty small, but we had fun giggling all day. I got to try out my new snowpants...and yes they are actually waterproof. My old brown ones were NOT and my butt quickly froze after a couple rides up the wet chairlift seats. We made it to Mystique's parents house for the last half of the Superbowl. Monday was a quick 3 mile run and today was JT's ride.
Having fun at the sunny mountains of southern California!
Anatoly rockin' the crazy hair no hat look. He was pretty exhausted after riding a circa 1990s Burton board.

No comments: